Friday 22 February 2013

Going back to the past...a classic 40s make up look

Hey everyone! There is something so elegant and sophisticated about the classic 40's look, think Dita Von-Teese ^^ This look is really simple yet gorgeous, a lovely cat-eye paired with a bold shiny red lip, so I'm here to share my version of it.

Her classic make up will be the inspiration for this look.

The finished look complete with "Von-Teese" beauty spot (that's dedication ^^)

*Cough* Poser *Ehem* ;)



Admittedly this isn't a look I sport very often (as a socially-awkward student I don't get many chances to wear red lipstick, but I take every chance I can xD). The key to this look is a matte, flawless complexion (I tried my best), thick jet black gel/liquid eye liner  a defined eyebrow, and the lipstick- I think my effort ticked most of these boxes, so I'm happy with it ^^

Products used-
Foundation- Max Factor Colour adapt in shade 40 Cream Ivory
Concealer- Collection Lasting Perfection in shade 1 Fair
Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte pressed translucent powder 
 Eyeshadow- I used Tranquil from my MUA Undress Me Too palette to cover my lid and line the lower lash line. I also used Estee Lauder Pure Colour Eyeshadow in shade 10- Ivory Box to highlight my browbone and shade 64 Espresso Cup to fill in my brows ^^ and shade 61 Tea Box to add a slight contour to my cheeks
Eyeliner- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black
Mascara- Benefit They're real!
Lipstick- Avon Extra Lasting Lipstick in Eternal Flame
Lipgloss- Rimmel Shock Gloss 3D Magnifying Lip Gloss in shade 208 Amp'ed (not sure if this is discontinued or not in store but it's still avaliable on Amazon :)

*Blows kiss* :3
I hope you liked this post! Have a great evening everyone and I hope I did the "classic" 40's make up look some justice. Stay tuned (figuratively) for more reviews/tutorials/raves/and other great stuff and thank you for reading! Feel free to leave a comment with any views/questions/suggestions, all are welcome! ^^

Lots of love, Laura xx

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely! X

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ^^ I adore mac so I'll be sure to check it out :D x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.